The purpose of this online resource is to help various Rugby stakeholders to observe matches and match officials (MOs) more objectively. The resource can be used as an individual learning tool and it also acts as a prerequisite for the World Rugby Coaches of Match Officials (CMO) Level 1 course.
The resource specifically aims to help participants:
- Identify the role of MOs in managing game situations
- Identify playing positions, methods of scoring and attack and defence
- Apply the principles of Rugby to the play of two competing teams
- Identify key contest areas of the game
- Observe passages of play and identify clear and obvious infringements
- Identify why the whistle was or was not blown