Information you will need
Once appointed to a match, there's some basic information you’ll need to get hold of from the match organiser. The following list gives you an idea of the questions you could ask at this stage.
- What are the match venues details and kick-off time?
- Is the field of play surface artificial or natural?
- If it’s an artificial surface, is the pitch certified to World Rugby Regulation 22?
- What are the playing enclosure dimensions (including length, width, in-goal dimension and safety perimeter)?
- Is there any concern regarding the current conditions of the surface?
- Are there any concerns regarding weather conditions that could affect the pitch conditions in the build-up to the match?
- Who is the main point of contact at the host Union/venue (if different from the match organiser)?
- What are the team schedules (including arrival, departure, Captain Run schedules and teams’ whereabouts)?
- What are the Teams Manager’s points of contacts?
- When is the Team Manager’s meeting (if applicable)?
- Is there a list of key match staff such as Referees, Citing Commissioner, Judicial Officer, and Doping Control Officer (if applicable)?