- The referee should assess that foul play has occurred since it is not an accident.
- It is a high tackle, since the tackler’s arm is used.
- Head contact has occurred, from the tackler’s shoulder.
- The degree of danger is high based on the video signs: Tackler may leave the ground
- Tackler is attempting an active/dominant tackle, as opposed to passive/soak, or “pulling out” of contact - Tackler speed and/or acceleration into tackle is high - Tackler completes the tackle (as opposed to immediate release/withdrawal).
Factors against: tackler and BC in open space, tackler has clear line of sight and time before contact
Factors for: BC suddenly drops in height
Factors against outweigh factors for (the time and space that the tackler had outweighs the drop) so no mitigation and sanction not reduced by one level